At Morressier we want to enable all the world’s learners to discover, share and advance new ideas, but to do this, we need to continue building our internal team.
Since 2014, Morressier has been helping a growing number of professional and academic societies to harness the power and scalability of the digital world to make scientific research more accessible. We facilitate the connecting of the thinkers and the curious, the inquisitive amongst us, to discover, absorb and collaborate on research. We enable this not just at conferences, but before and after them too with our suite of tools.
After our successful Series A funding round in 2021, we have grown the team fourfold and we do not plan on stopping. We are looking to add to our diverse team of 28 nationalities spread across six continents with people who are driven by our mission and want to make a positive impact in society. We know that our dreams are big, but no one changed the world thinking small. Your efforts working together with us could facilitate the next big aha! moment in scientific research. And in our world, ‘scientific’ means bold. It means exciting. It means innovative.
Right now, we are looking for an Strategy Associate to join us on this journey and help shape the future of science, for a flexible 3-6 month contract.
Quite simply you are exceptionally high caliber individual who will work within the Office of the CEO, partnering closely with our CEO & SVP of Strategy and Leadership team on all key strategic initiatives and projects.
Although not a structured rotation this role will give you access to all aspects of our business and you can expect to be involved in projects across M&A, Fundraising, Finance, Operations & Product to name a few.
Are you a driven MBA student or have you worked in a Strategy or M&A related role for a market leading firm? Are you motivated to move into a start-up environment where you will have unrivalled exposure to learn? Are you a future CEO or founder? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you may be interested in the role
- You will have the opportunity to support the CEO, SVP of Strategy and the wider leadership team on top strategic internal & external projects
- This role will give you exposure to performing analysis to support fundraising, M&A as well as due-diligence
- You’ll wear multiple caps, including parachuting into teams to provide expertise and fire-power at key points in our growth
- You will very quickly build an understanding of our space to be able to contribute to product, market and M&A strategy
- Work with the CEO or Chief of Staff on ad-hoc initiatives including partner strategy, operating models and corporate development
What we can offer you
- We pay a good and fair salary based on your skills and experience
- We offer a value-driven culture based on drive, collaboration, and light-heartedness
- We help you maintain a healthy work-life balance with freedom and flexibility
- We give you the autonomy and ownership you need to do satisfying and impactful work, exposure to working closely with the C-level, participation in key strategic projects and supporting a start-up through Series B funding
- You will have the opportunity to with a diverse team of wonderful humans from 28 nations spread across 6 continents
- We provide you with a fully-remote environment so you can work from wherever you feel at your best
- We equip you with the tools, data, and devices you need to get work done
- We invest in your growth, career progression, and professional development by providing transparent feedback, learning opportunities, and resources
What we would like from you
- We expect you to have some experience in an exceptional in-house Strategy Team, Top Tier Consulting Firm or Investment Bank; or be a driven MBA student
- Provide analytical support to the C-Suite for the development of business cases for strategic investments
- You have a ‘crazy strategic brain’ and the ability to convey complex ideas very simply through compelling slides and presentations
- You are someone who loves to problem solve, whether on a structured project or more broadly and you’re always analysing ways to improve
- You’re an exceptional critical thinker, able to use data and storytelling to influence key decision makers whether quantitative or qualitative
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning, are humble in your approach and love to dive into new challenges
- You are very driven and are able to work autonomously when required
*If you don't exactly meet these criteria, apply anyway. We're passionate about investing in driven, collaborative, lighthearted people. We hire based on a mix of skills, experience, and potential.