You have an urge to make a meaningful difference in the world. You make informed decisions based on your insight and expertise. You thrive when exploring new domains, concepts, and technologies. You're never afraid to experiment and fail. This gives you an edge while solving any problem.
Your curiosity drives your inquisitive thinking. You live to identify, understand, and solve problems. Your desire to ask questions and understand why shapes your creativity. You see the world through the eyes of others to understand their goals and hardships.
You are collaborative by default. You're at your best when working with others. You encourage your team members to participate in the design process. You persuade and influence change with compelling human stories that cut through complexity.
If this sounds familiar, we want to work with you.
About the recruitment process ➞
About the role
In this new role dedicated to improving our user interfaces, you'll set the strategic vision for our visual language. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams to solve interesting challenges that increase visual appeal, improve usability, and better express our brand. You'll also work directly with stakeholders across design, product, marketing and engineering to expand and mature a scalable design system that works across all our products and teams.
- Improve the quality of our web and mobile products with your comprehensive interaction and visual design skills.
- Work with product designers and cross-functional teams to improve user interactions and increase the visual appeal of our products by increasing brand expression.
- Solve complex interface and information design challenges to make our products more engaging, usable, readable and beautiful.
- Iterate your designs through rapid prototyping and testing cycles that help you make informed design decisions.
- Manage, improve and scale and sustain a multi-platform design system (web, iOS) that works for designers and engineers.
- Creating, maintaining and improve foundational experience patterns and modular interface components.
- Work with marketing and creative teams to improve brand expression in our visual language.
- Promote and protect standards for visual design, platform consistency, usability and accessibility.
- Advocate for the design system through simple onboarding, documentation, tools and training.
- Provide feedback to cross-functional platform teams regarding consistent design system implementation.
- Develop a governance model that enables product teams to use and contribute to the design system.
- Define, refine and measure success metrics for the design system.
How to stand out
- You want to shape the future of scientific communication and collaboration.
- You have at least 3 years experience working as an interface designer or product designer on agile cross-functional teams, ideally at a product startup.
- You have a design portfolio that tells a clear and compelling story about your work history and extensive visual and interaction design skills.
- You’ve built and maintained more than one design system for a product.
- You have experience improving and maintaining the branding and visual language of digital products.
- You communicate fluently, clearly and convincingly in English.
Nice to haves
- You have a deep knowledge of Figma, including managing shared libraries, creating component variants and auto layouts.
- You understand web materials and standards such as HTML, CSS, and JS
- You understand accessibility principles and standards like A11Y and WCAG
- You have experience in motion design for digital products
- You live and work within 4 hours of Berlin CET
We founded Morressier in 2014 to support innovation and scientific breakthroughs by making previously hidden conference content and discussions discoverable. Since then, we've grown to over 100 bright minds from 28 nations with one common goal: to uncover knowledge and foster collaboration by enabling the world's learners to discover, share, and advance new ideas.
Meet the design team ➞
What we offer
- We pay a good and fair salary based on your skills and experience
- We offer a value-driven culture based on drive, collaboration and lightheartedness
- We help you maintain a healthy work-life balance with freedom and flexibility
- We give you the autonomy and ownership you need to do satisfying and impactful work
- We provide you with a fully-remote environment so you can work from wherever you feel creative and productive
- We equip you with the tools, data, and devices you need to get work done
- We invest in your growth, career progression, and professional development by providing transparent feedback, learning opportunities and resources