At Morressier we want to enable all the world’s learners to discover, share and advance new ideas, but to do this, we need to continue building our internal team.
Ever since 2014, Morressier has been helping a growing number of professional and academic societies' to harness the power and scalability of the digital world to make scientific research more accessible. We facilitate the connecting of the thinkers and the curious, the inquisitive amongst us, to discover, absorb and collaborate on research. We enable this not just at conferences, but before and after them too with our suite of tools.
After our successful Series A funding round in 2021, we have grown the team fourfold and we do not plan on stopping. We are looking to add to our diverse team of 28 nationalities spread across six continents with people who are driven by our mission and want to make a positive impact in society. We know that our dreams are big, but no one changed the world thinking small. Your efforts working together with us could facilitate the next big aha! moment in scientific research. And in our world, ‘scientific’ means bold. It means exciting. It means innovative.
Right now, we are looking for a Strategy Associate to join us on this journey and help shape the future of science.
Quite simply our Strategy Associate is an exceptionally high caliber individual who will support the CEO, Director of Strategy and Leadership team on all key strategic initiatives and projects.
Although not a structured rotation this role will give you access to all aspects of our business and you can expect to be involved in projects across M&A, Fundraising, Finance, Operations & Product to name a few.
Have you worked in a Strategy or M&A related role for a market leading firm? Are you motivated to move into a start-up environment where you will have unrivaled exposure to learn? Are you a future CEO or founder, if so we’d love to hear from you.
Why you may be interested in the role
- Support the CEO, Chief of Staff or Strategy Director on key internal & external projects
- This role will be a key part of any data room, responsible for analysis to support fundraising, M&A as well as due-diligence
- You’ll wear multiple caps, including parachuting into teams to provide expertise and fire-power at key points in our growth
- Partner with the leadership team (C-Suite -1) to support cross functional strategies
- Very quickly build an understanding of our space to be able to contribute to product, market and M&A strategy
- Provide analytical support to the C-Suite for the development of business cases for strategic investments
- Work with the CEO or Chief of Staff on ad-hoc initiatives including partner strategy, operating models and corporate development
What we can offer you
We pay a good and fair salary based on your skills and experience and stock options
We offer a value-driven culture based on drive, collaboration, and lightheartedness
We help you maintain a healthy work-life balance with freedom and flexibility
We give you the autonomy and ownership you need to do satisfying and impactful work
Working with a diverse team of wonderful humans from 28 nations spread across 6 continents
We provide you with a fully-remote environment so you can work from wherever you feel at your best
We equip you with the tools, data, and devices you need to get work done
We invest in your growth, career progression, and professional development by providing transparent feedback, learning opportunities, and resources
What we would like from you
- We expect for the last 3-5 years you have been working in an exceptional in-house Strategy Team, Top Tier Consulting Firm or Investment Bank
- Someone who loves to problem solve, whether on a structured project or more broadly you’re always analysing ways to improve
- An exceptional critical thinker, able to use data and story telling to influence key decision makers whether quantitative or qualitative
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning, are humble in your approach and love to dive into new challenges
- You eat work and are very driven and are able to work autonomously when required
If you don't exactly meet these criteria, apply anyway. We're passionate about investing in driven, collaborative, lighthearted people. We hire based on a mix of skills, experience, and potential.